Fall is a wonderful time of the year! The leaves are changing, the weather is cooler, and the holidays are right around the corner! As we head into the end of November, many of us are already planning for upcoming holiday festivities and cooler weather. Winter will be here before we know it! As you plan for the season, remember to make sure your home is prepared. Don’t wait until it is too late to insulate your home – get ahead of the problem!
Fall is the perfect time to prioritize your home insulation. Here’s why:
- Milder temperatures – Fall brings ideal temperatures for insulation installation. The summer heat has fizzled out and the winter cold has not yet set in, making it a perfect time for the work to be completed.
- Dryer air – Along with cooler temperatures, fall also brings dryer air! Dry air is crucial for a successful insulation installation. If the air is moist, moisture can get trapped below the insulation layer, making it less effective and increasing the likelihood of mold and mildew down the road.
- Higher savings – According to a report by the Environmental Protection Agency, the average homeowner with a sealed and insulated home saves around 15% on annual utility bills – savings that continue for years! Save money on bills by insulating earlier, instead of waiting for the cold to hit.
- Prevent frozen pipes – Ensuring your home is properly insulated before the cold sets in can also help prevent frozen and burst pipes, damages that can cost your family a lot of money!
- Improve air quality – In the same way insulating your home provides a barrier to the elements, it can also keep allergens and pollutants at bay! Breathing cleaner air can help you stay healthy during cold and flu season.
Many homeowners put projects like insulation installation on the backburner – we get it! However, the benefits of a cozy, comfortable, and cost-efficient home are well worth it. If you believe your home is not prepared for the coming cold, consider adding insulation!
At Creative Conservation, we specialize in home insulation to keep your space comfortable, efficient, and environmentally-friendly. Contact us today!