April Showers bring May Flowers… and wet crawl spaces. The combination of moisture and the rising temperatures creates the perfect environment for a host of problems in your crawl space – including mold. Open crawl space vents, no vapor barrier or one that is ripped or not laid properly, plumbing leaks, water from the ground infiltrating the crawl space, and poorly-fitted crawl space doors are the most common reasons for moisture in the crawl space of your home.
Creative Conservation can offer solutions to your crawl space problems. We can treat mold, replace your vapor barrier and the insulation in your crawl space. We can also advise as to whether you need a dehumidifier or sump pump installed.
The optimal solution is to have your crawl space sealed. Here are the basic features of a sealed crawl space:
• 100% coverage of the ground with a vapor barrier – controls moisture from the ground
• Seams and junctions of vapor barrier sealed
• Sealed crawl space vents – prevents moisture from entering the crawl space
• Insulated foundation walls and band joist, which completely seals the crawl space walls preventing moisture. Once this is done, there is no need for the insulation in the floor joists of the crawl space
The benefits of a sealed crawl space are:
• Better air quality in the crawl space which in turn means better air quality in the living space of your home
• Significant increase in energy efficiency
• Reduction in rodent or insect problems in the crawl space
• HVAC system and other components in the crawl space run more efficiently
Call Creative Conservation TODAY at 1-800-798-1127 to make an appointment for a FREE estimate.