Your crawl space is an important part of your home. It promotes air circulation, provides access to plumbing, electrical and other wiring, and — most importantly — serves as the actual foundation of your home.
And, yet, it is often one of the most neglected spaces in a home. Because of their location, crawl spaces can easily become damaged by moisture, extreme temperatures, and water vapor levels. Once this happens, the structural integrity of your home can be compromised.
Here are five reasons why you should have your crawls space properly sealed and repaired:
- It can improve your home’s indoor air quality and temperature. Keep your home cool in the Summer, and warm when the weather is cold.
- It can help you avoid costly structural damage. Taking the time and effort NOW before any potential problems reveal themselves will save your sanity in the long run!
- Deter pest and rodent infestations. No one wants creepy critters roaming around inside their home – having a sealed crawl can help keep them out.
- Lower electric bills. Saving money on a monthly basis is a great reason to have your crawl repaired.
- Control humidity and bulk water. This can reduce mold or mildew – leading to better air quality for your entire household.
Read more about Creative Conservation’s crawl space repair program here.